Vision for the Future & the Strategy to Get There
Jacksonville Executive Office
4710 State Road 13 North, Saint Johns, Florida 32259
Executive Leadership with over 130 Years of combined management experience
Apartments strategically managed throughout the United States
- In the Multifamily Market
- Units of combined experience
- Our Core Value
- Our Company
- Property Management Services
- Leasing and Marketting
- Professional Development & Training
- Construction Management
- Asset Management
- Investment Philosophy
Our Core Value
The world is changing. To thrive as a business now, over the next ten years and beyond, we understand the need to look ahead, to understand the trends and forces that will shape the multifamily & commercial real estate industry in the future and to move swifty to prepare for what is to come. We understand the need to get ready for tommorow today. That is what our Vision is all about. At Michaelson Group, we have a long-term destination of winning together and a roadmap to get our clients and investors there.
Our core values serve as the roadmap for our actions and describe how we manage your assets.
- Leadership: The courage to shape a better future
- Collaboration: Leverage collective genius
- Integrity: Be honest, fair and ethical.
- Accountability: Take ownership of responsibilities, tasks and projects
- Passion: Committed in heart and mind
- Quality: What we do, we do exceptionally well
Michaelson Real Estate Group, LLC (“Michaelson Group”) is a unique firm that provides innovative, world-class service in the multifamily real estate business. We excel in managing and operating all product types in the multi-family housing market including conventional, lease up, affordable housing, student living, senior living and REO/ Receivership. Our goal is to make life easier for our investors, allowing you to make the highest return possible while we handle the day-to-day complexities.
Our service commitment includes:
- Leasing & marketing skills to maximize income
- Resident screening, including credit and background checks, to obtain quality tenants that pay on time
- Aggressive & timely rent collection
- Physical maintenance & rehabilitation of units using our own handypersons and maintenance team to provide quality work with a quick turnaround
- Thorough property inspections & weekly property visits
- Financial Expertise and Services with a focus on long-term equity and financial returns
- Detailed monthly financial reports, budget reviews & implementation
- Analysis and up-to-date statistics, including vacancy rates and appropriate rent increases based on the market
- Sensitivity to special requirements of financial institutions
- Acquisition & due diligence including identification of target properties, preparation of financial projections, lease file audits, coordination of purchase contract and related documents, coordination of third-party professionals, recommendations for capital improvements.
Property Management Services
At Michaelson Group, we provide a comprehensive solution for strategically and operationally managing your assets. Whether you are an institutional owner with a large property portfolio or own a single asset, we will handle the intricate details that come with owning and managing rental property.
Your trust is paramount to us. As a property owner, you can rely on Michaelson Group to provide the highest quality service and expertise in managing all aspects of your property including leasing, marketing, maintenance, accounting, and risk management.
Strong leaders coupled with our wide range of services make us the best choice for managing your residential property today. You can rest assured knowing you have the expertise of all of the Michaelson’s employees and managers working diligently on your behalf.
- New Construction & Development
- Affordable-Tax Credit
- Fractured Condos
- Financial Institutions
- Private Investors
- Insurance Companies
- Pension Funds
- Asset Management Firms
Leasing and Marketting
Leasing and Marketing Recognized national leaders in real estate finance
Michaelson Group’s marketing team works closely with the regional property managers, property managers, leasing agents and our clients to ensure that each community is positioned for success and maximize income. Michaelson Group’s marketing strategy is based on the property management basic “Four P’s Principle”:
Professional Development & Training
Michaelson Group understands continual professional development and training is the key to exceptional employee job satisfaction and performance. Communicating our high standards of operation, as well as providing our employees with the proper tools and training programs keeps the Michaelson Group team ready for any challenge and is paramount to the overall success of each community and our organization.
Most multi-family residential properties, at some point, undergo a renovation, additional construction, a rehab or disaster recovery. Michaelson Group has extensive construction experience covering all aspects of the apartment business. Construction management includes evaluation of your asset’s physical condition, recommendations of needed capital improvements, development of scopes of work, obtaining competitive bids, coordination of third-party professionals, monitoring work in progress, fund management, approval of contractor draw requests and ongoing status reports.
Michaelson Group technology provides the monitoring and reporting necessary to ensure your chosen course of action will produce the desired outcome. We provide the data tools that will allow you the ability to enhance the value of your asset. Our professionals utilize sophisticated analysis and benchmarking techniques to measure a property’s performance against similarly classed assets.
Our financial reporting capabilities enable us to quickly identify inconsistencies in performance, which ultimately allow for proactive — not reactive — management practices. We provide detailed monthly financial statement packages to our clients which include month-to-date and year-to-date profit and loss comparisons, income statement and balance sheet data as well as general ledger reports.
Expenses are controlled utilizing proprietary ratio analysis and benchmarking techniques measured against the business plan and similarly classed assets in local and regional markets. Our portfolio size and economies of scale assure the best pricing for purchases. From routine to large projects, Michaelson Group obtains multiple bids based upon a sophisticated Request for Proposal process to assure comparable proposals from vendors who are appropriately qualified and insured.
Michaelson Group and its investment partners are keenly interested in managing and acquiring well positioned multifamily assets in high barrier-to-entry markets at prices below comparative replacement costs with the potential to enhance value through asset repositioning and improved professional management. Property types include garden, mid-rise and high-rise properties or portfolios of assets within targeted U.S markets.
Distressed /Opportunistic / Value Add
- Affordable housing- Tax Credit
- Market Rate
Our experience includes:
- Foreclosures & REO
- Asset management
- Work outs •Condo conversions
- Market selection and timing
- Note and subordinate debt purchases